Pent-up demand for travel & still limited flight availability means the ‘new’ Black Friday deals are geared towards 2023 travel and beyond
The Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG)’s Black Friday specials have landed, with South Africans able to save up to 50% on their 2023 travel to top-selling destinations.
“This is the first Black Friday we have had to look forward to in a couple of years,” said Sue Garrett, General Manager Supply, Pricing and Marketing at the Flight Centre Travel Group. “Last year, we pulled all of our Black Friday deals after it was announced that South Africa had been put back on the dreaded red list, leaving many travellers stranded and devastated as their long-awaited holiday was cancelled or postponed. Now, it’s all systems go! We can travel freely, unmasked, and most of the restrictions from COVID -19 have been lifted,” said Garrett.
“Like the rest of the world, South Africa is still suffering from limited air capacity, although we are encouraged that more and more airlines are increasing their frequencies and routes in and out of the country. The best tip for travellers is to book early. Due to reduced flight frequencies, there is still a limited supply of seats, and an immense pent-up demand, so if you book too late, you may be disappointed or pay significantly more. For example, bookings for the December peak season are almost at capacity, so if you want a last-minute holiday to popular destinations, such as Mauritius, the UK and Europe, you’d better book quickly.”
“Flight Centre’s Black Friday deals for 2022 are geared toward travel in 2023, so you can book now, save and secure your trip,” said Garrett.
Deals are released every day from 21 November until Friday 25 November.
South Africans can look forward to the following specials:
- Save up to 50% on touring
- Save up to 50% on cruising
- Save up to R19 500 on island holidays
- Save up to R4 660 on Middle East & Asia holidays
- Save up to R1 320 on local holidays
- 2023 School holidays – Save up to R17 450
Top tips for snagging a Black Friday deal
Research – do your research in advance. What factors do you need to consider with your chosen holiday? Think about visas, health jabs and other entry information. Visit fctgtravelnews.com for information.
- Create a wish list – research what holidays you would like to have and include nice-to-haves-but-not-essentials. This way, you can quickly make a call if it’s the right holiday for you.
- Up-size your holiday – Now is the time to upgrade and save.
- Know the average price of packages for your chosen destination/s and your preferred dates.
- Have the 2023 school and public holiday calendar handy.
- Read the Terms & Conditions.
- Have your passport information ready.
“We encourage all our customers to shop safely and responsibly this Black Friday,” said Garrett. “Our customers can choose how they wish to shop this year – virtually on our website or face-to-face with a Travel Expert in-store.
Shop Flight Centre Black Friday specials here.