With the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic to an increasing number of countries, Mauritian authorities have extended travel restrictions to Mauritius as follows:
- Effective as from 20H00 GMT (00H00 local time) today Monday 16 MAR 2020 and applicable until 30-Mar-2020,
- “Any foreign national having resided in or with a history of travel to and from Reunion Island in the last 14 days will not be allowed entry or to transit in the Republic of Mauritius (including Rodrigues Island)”
- Effective as from 20H00 GMT (00H00 local time) on Wednesday 18 MAR 2020 and applicable until 01-Apr-2020,
- “Any foreign national having resided in or with a history of travel to and from, any member state of the European Union, United Kingdom, Ireland (sic) and Switzerland within the last 14 days, will not be allowed entry or to transit in the Republic of Mauritius”
- Mauritian nationals, residents, their spouse and children falling under the categories in paragraph 1 and 2, will be allowed entry in the Republic of Mauritius and will be placed in quarantine.
As at today, Air Mauritius is maintaining its flights to and from Paris, London and Reunion. Air Mauritius is closely monitoring the situation and will adapt its operations accordingly.
Passengers falling under the categories mentioned in paragraphs 1 and 2 are advised that they will not be uplifted on Air Mauritius flights after the respective deadlines.
Air Mauritius regrets inconveniences caused.