Effective 4 November, the Embassy of the Arab Republic of Egypt has amended the visa application system and regulations for South African passport holders.
In a notification circulated, the Embassy advised the following:
1. Individual applicants and groups of not more than (5) people can submit their applications on Mondays and Tuesdays weekly, from 09:00 until 11:00.
2. Travel agencies, courier companies and groups of more than (5) people can submit applications on Wednesdays and Thursdays weekly, from 09:00 until 11:00.
3. The Embassy will not be receiving applications on Fridays.
4. Upon submission, each applicant will receive a receipt “slip” that clearly illustrates collection number and collection date.
5. The original submission receipt must be submitted to the Embassy upon collection. Passports only will be handed to the person who submits the original submission receipt.
6. Due to the high frequency of applications and the rigorous process of visa issuing, the Embassy will not be able to deliver passports on earlier dates than the dates mentioned in the submission receipt (minimum of five working days).
7. The Embassy will not be able to receive any applications unless all required documents and requirements have been completed (please check our photo gallery section on Facebook).
As The Embassy of Arab Republic of Egypt avails itself of this opportunity to renew to South Africa’s citizens and residents, as well as to those within its geographic jurisdiction the assurance of its sincerest consideration, the embassy kindly requests all visa applicants to abide by the above-mentioned rules and regulations