The World Travel & Tourism Council [WTTC], which represents the global Travel & Tourism private sector, is delighted to announce an exciting new membership category, providing small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the sector the opportunity to join the global Travel & Tourism network.
The new ‘Associate Membership’ is aimed at providing SMEs in Travel & Tourism with the network and insights in the sector from the WTTC.
Associate Membership will include:
- Opportunity to attend the annual Global Summit (as the most important Travel & Tourism event of the year, the Global Summit is invitation only).
- Participate in a special Associate track at the annual Global Summit to enable networking and maximising business opportunities.
- Participation in the forthcoming online Associate Member Community.
- Access to WTTC’s globally respected research, including the annual Economic Impact Reports which include data of 185 countries.
- Access to WTTC thought-leadership reports and policy papers including best practices for decision-making on topics including sustainability and climate and environment action.
- Entry to WTTC’s regional Travel & Tourism events.
- Access to online content including interviews of high profile leaders.
WTTC Members are the leaders of the world’s most important Travel & Tourism companies, destinations, and industry organisations, who bring specialist knowledge to guide government policy and decision-making and raise awareness of the importance of the sector.
For 30 years, WTTC has quantified the economic impact of the sector in 185 countries. This research consistently shows that Travel & Tourism is a key driver for investment and economic growth globally.
Gloria Guevara, President & CEO, WTTC said: “We are excited to launch this new membership category and to be able to expand to one of the most important segments in the Travel & Tourism sector. The contribution of SMEs is significant and they can benefit from WTTC and its powerful network and insights. The Travel & Tourism sector accounts for US$8.8 trillion or 10.4% of global GDP, and supports 319 million jobs or one in 10 of all jobs on the planet, and SMEs around the world is a crucial component of our ecosystem. We look forward to welcoming the new Associate Members.”
Matthew Upchurch, Virtuoso CEO and Member of the WTTC Executive Committee said “As a proud WTTC Member and Founder of an organisation that champions entrepreneurs around the world, I’m thrilled the WTTC has created this new Associate Membership for SMEs. When we tell the story of Travel & Tourism’s impact, these new faces will help capture the hearts and minds of governments, the press and the public. They will amplify the powerful diversity and force for good that travel brings to the world”.
To learn more about WTTC Associate Membership, please visit: www.wttc.org/AssociateMembership