1 min read
Breaking down the report we take a look at the trends shaping Responsible and Sustainable Travel
A dominant travel trend which will continue into 2018 is that of sustainable travel and the rise in responsible travel.
According to a recent study from Mandala Research, a firm that studies controversial data and trends in the travel industry:
● 60% of all leisure travelers in the U.S. identify as being responsible travellers, and bare concern with how their travel impacts a destination’s local economy and environment.
● Sustainable travellers are between 38-57% more likely to book travel with brands based on their sustainable practices.
In response to this growing travel trend, significant changes have been made within:
● The hospitality industry-a shift to eco-friendly accommodation and “green” hotels
● Travel agents, companies and operators- a focus on their social responsibility and environmental advancement which includes anti-animal interaction
● Transportation industry- a move to electric cars and airlines looking to reduce CO2 emission
● Tourism bodies- better management on heritage sites and natural attractions