4 min read
That’s right, from 09h00 tomorrow, 30 000 tickets on selected flights between 18 May and the end of September 2018 will be made available for just R4. The sale will last until 17h00 or until the last ticket is sold.
The R4 tickets are only available through FlySafair’s website and not the airline’s call centre, ticket sales offices or any of their distribution partners – so to avoid disappointment make sure you head online.
If you’ve participated in previous years’ sales, you’ll know that the competition to get your hands on one of these tickets is tight, but thousands of people will walk away with R4 flights today – and the more staying power you have, the more likely it is you’ll be one of them.
Here’s how it will work – at the start of the sale a number of shoppers will be randomly selected from the group of online users logging on to the FlySafair website.
Selected shoppers will then be allowed to enter the airline’s website where they will need to complete their purchase immediately, otherwise their session will expire. Tickets can only be reserved by completing payment.
If you haven’t yet been selected, make sure you remain in FlySafair’s online lounge, as a new group will be selected at random to enter the site every five minutes. And different groups will continue to be selected right up until the last ticket is sold.
If you’re wondering whether these R4 tickets include airport taxes – the answer is yes they do. They also include carry-on luggage as per FlySafair’s Lite Fare option. Other optional extras are excluded from the ticket.
Also important to note is that FlySafair’s website will be closed just before the sale to prepare for the start of the crazy sale.
If you need to complete a normal booking, don’t panic about not being able to access the website, simply contact FlySafair’s call centre – our administration fee will be dropped for the day. You will also still be able to make changes to existing bookings online.
So stock up on some snacks and start flexing those fingers – the fun is about to begin!
FlySafair Score a R4 Sale:
Terms and Conditions:
1. FlySafair will make a selection of one-way flight tickets available for sale at R4. These tickets will:
a. Only be available on the FlySafair website at www.flysafair.co.za and not through any other distribution partner, the FlySafair Call Center, or FlySafair Airport Ticket Sales Desks.
b. Only be available between 9am and 5pm, or until the allocated inventory sells out, on 17 May 2018.
c. Only be available for selected departures between 17 May 2018 and 30 September 2018.
2. The sale will terminate at 5PM on Thursday, 17 May 2018, or at such time as the allocation of 30,000 one-way flight tickets has sold out.
3. R4 tickets include all airport taxes and VAT, but exclude any additional services such as checked luggage, priority boarding and seat pre-selection.
4. Tickets are not held when selected, only successful payment reserves a ticket. As such, if many people are looking at the same tickets, only the first person who successfully completes payment will get those tickets.
5. Access to the website to make purchase will be limited by means of a “Waiting Room” facility, which is designed to preserve the integrity of the website and protect it against the heavy traffic demand:
a. A random selection of users, the number of which is to be determined by FlySafair, will gain access to our website for purchase when the sale starts. The remaining visitors will be placed in our waiting room.
b. Users on the website will need to start their purchase journey before their sessions expire.
c. Once a user completes a purchase, or their session expires, they will be redirected to the waiting room once again.
d. Every 5 (five) minutes, our website will be filled to the chosen capacity with a group of randomly selected users from the waiting room.
e. This process will continue until the last of the allocated R4 tickets is sold, or until 5PM, whichever happens first.
6. No preferential access to the site can, or will, be granted to any customer.
7. Our standard call center administration fee will be dropped for the day so that people seeking to make normal full-fare reservations can continue to do so through that channel without disadvantage. The call center number is 087 135 1351.
8. Normal flight change facilities will be available on our website, but users who change existing flights will not have access to R4 fares.
9. Only our Lite Fare will be available for R4.
10. R4 tickets are non-refundable and non-cancellable. Penalties and differences in fares will apply for any changes made to R4 tickets.
11. By participating in this sale, you automatically agree to receive our marketing email communications.
12. FlySafair reserves the right to suspend or alter this promotion at any point without notice.
13. All Standard Conditions of Booking and Carriage will apply to these flights as published on www.flysafair.co.za.